9/16/12

God's Healing > Satan's Attacks

(A Post By Monica)
I have amazing news brothers and sisters!

Backstory: For those of you that do not know my medical history, I have had Crohns Disease, for 10 years and as an effect, I also ended up getting Diabetes (Type 2). I also have MDD (Major Depressive Disorder) from the years of suffering at the hands of an unloving and oppressive outside/extended family and just this past May, I came out of remission of Crohns. During that month, I found out I had a kidney stone (common for those suffering from Crohns) and went through a couple of surgeries because of it. However, I am grateful to have just turned 50 yrs old in June.

I had been constantly praying that God would see fit to take me off these medications so that I could serve Him with all of me (mind, body and spirit) and continued in faith that He would allow me to be independent of medication. Now, if Christ illustrated that the faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains, surely it can remove dependency of medication! So I patiently waited for the time when He would heal me.

Recently: I had a colonoscopy and my doctor told me I do not have any sign of ever having Crohns. It has gone into full remission! This was a huge relief and bit of a shock to me BUT I knew it was God that healed me. As a result, I was able to cut out 2 of the medications I was taking for my Crohns treatment. In addition, my Diabetes is gone as well. This allowed for 2 more of the medications to be removed from my treatment, a total of 4 medications being over & done with! So now, I only take 2 medications. I KNOW that God is faithful & if He is willing, He will take me off these last 2 medications as well!

Lesson: Christ has no issue with man seeking help from physicians BUT He never wants us to place our faith in their solutions. Our full trust is to be in Christ alone -as scripture tells us. God allows us to receive help from doctors (which include medicinal aids) BUT He is ABLE to heal us from the ailments we suffer. Depend on, trust in Christ and He will heal you, rather it be your heart, your mind, your body or spirit. I am proof of His miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment